If any of the above applies to you, you are perfect candidate to participate in this NATS initiative that is aimed at providing development opportunities to all NATS members.
Time and place
NATS Winter Workshop, Palm Beach Atlantic University, West Palm Beach, FL: January 3-5, 2019.
NOTE: Only attendees at the full Winter Workshop may participate in this program.
There is a $50 fee that will go to the Mentor Teacher, who is otherwise volunteering time and effort.
Number of participants
A maximum of 32 studio teachers may participate.
Studio Teachers will:
1. Video record and upload two 30 min. or 45 min. lessons to YouTube. These teaching videos may be with the same student or with two different students. Teachers must include a 5 minutes maximum video providing an Introduction to their studio environment and an explanation of particular areas of concern they may have. This may include lesson organization, teaching style, teaching of technique, selection and coaching of repertoire, etc.
2. Complete a Student Information and YouTube Link form for each student/lesson (CLICK HERE to fill out the online Student Information and YouTube Link form).
3. Send via email a CV or resume of teacher training and teaching experience to date plus the Student and YouTube Links Information pages to Vice president of workshops.
4. Meet with Mentor Teacher for one hour at NATS Winter Workshop for a one-on-one feedback and discussion.
5. Complete an evaluation of this Mentored Teaching experience. This will be sent following the workshop.
Mentor Teachers will:
1. Review submitted videos and documents and complete a Teaching Feedback Form for each lesson.
2. Meet with the Studio Teacher for one hour at the NATS Winter Workshop.
3. Compete an evaluation of this Mentored Teaching experience, which will be sent following the workshop.
Click here for:
Only 12 NATS teachers per year can be selected for the Intern Program, and some NATS Members may be unable to quality. This Mentored Teaching Pilot Program is intended to provide to more NATS members with this type of developmental opportunity and at a very reasonable cost. The master teachers are established professionals in pedagogy, opera, music theater, Lieder, and accompanying.
2019 Mentor Teachers for Voice Teachers:
2019 Mentor Teacher for Collaborative Pianists:
PLEASE NOTE: The Mentored Teaching Experience is made available to current teachers. Those who are registered for the workshop as students are not eligible.