If any of the above applies to you, you are perfect candidate to participate in this NATS initiative that is aimed at providing development opportunities to all NATS members.
Time and place
NATS Summer Workshop, St. Olaf College, Northfield, Minnesota: June 27-29, 2019.
NOTE: Only attendees at the full Summer Workshop may participate in this program.
There is a $50 fee that will go to the Mentor Teacher, who is otherwise volunteering time and effort.
Number of participants
A maximum of 32 studio teachers may participate.
Studio Teachers will:
1. Video record and upload two 30 min. or 45 min. lessons to YouTube. These teaching videos may be with the same student or with two different students. Teachers must include a 5 minutes maximum video providing an Introduction to their studio environment and an explanation of particular areas of concern they may have. This may include lesson organization, teaching style, teaching of technique, selection and coaching of repertoire, etc.
2. Complete a Student Information and YouTube Link form for each student/lesson (CLICK HERE to fill out the online Student Information and YouTube Link form).
3. Send via email a CV or resume of teacher training and teaching experience to date plus the Student and YouTube Links Information pages to Vice president of workshops.
4. Meet with Mentor Teacher for one hour at the NATS Workshop for a one-on-one feedback and discussion.
5. Complete an evaluation of this Mentored Teaching experience. This will be sent following the workshop.
Mentor Teachers will:
1. Review submitted videos and documents and complete a Teaching Feedback Form for each lesson.
2. Meet with the Studio Teacher for one hour at the NATS Workshop.
3. Compete an evaluation of this Mentored Teaching experience, which will be sent following the workshop.
Click here for:
Building on the success of recent mentoring events, NATS is committed to nurturing and promoting opportunities for mentoring. This Mentored Teaching Program is intended to provide to more NATS members with this type of developmental opportunity and at a very reasonable cost. The master teachers are established professionals in pedagogy, opera, music theater, Lieder, and accompanying.
PLEASE NOTE: The Mentored Teaching Program is made available to current teachers. Those who are registered for the workshop as students are not eligible.