This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: College/University
Lone Star College-North Harris
32962 Faculty, Music-Choral
Purpose and Scope:
It is the responsibility of the teaching faculty to provide the learning activities and support that will lead to the achievement of the course objectives and contribute to the educational environment of the college and the community. The faculty member's role encompasses the general areas of learning facilitation, professional development, and institutional service. Primary responsibilities are to plan, develop and teach courses within the curriculum in a manner that facilitates student learning.
Essential Job Functions:
• Teaches courses Music at a variety of times and locations in response to institutional needs
• Makes continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods
• Develops and uses a syllabus for each course or laboratory within college and departmental guidelines
• Plans, develops and uses a variety of teaching methods and materials that assist students in meeting course objectives and which are appropriate for students with differing educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles
• Evaluates students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated course objectives and informs them in a timely manner of their progress in the course
• Submits required college reports and forms
• Reviews, evaluates, and recommends student learning materials
• Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues and the community
• Provides access to students through posted office hours, electronic communication and other appropriate methods
• Responsible for professional development and institutional service as determined in consultation with the Dean
• Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
Commensurate with education, qualifications and experience
MA in Music (Master of Arts in Music), MM (Master of Music), MM in Education (Master of Music in Education) MME (Master of Music Education), or a Master's degree with 18 graduate hours in Music
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option
to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Salary: Commensurate with education, qualifications and experience