This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Other
Open Date: 02/02/2016
Review Date: 03/03/2016
Job Category: Faculty
College/Unit: Caine College of the Arts
Location: Logan Campus
Posting Duration: Open Until Filled
The Utah State University Music Department invites applications for a full-time Lecturer – Opera Director/Vocal Coach. This is a nine-month, academic year position starting August 2016.
Responsible for organizing and administering all aspects of student opera and musical theatre productions including but not limited to: producing, directing, accompanying and/or conducting; vocal coach and mentor for students in the music and theater departments; teach opera theatre production course, vocal repertory courses, and other courses as requested based on the candidate's qualifications and departmental need; provide service to the Music Department and the University as assigned.
Housed in the Chase Fine Arts Center Complex, departmental facilities include teaching/rehearsal space, faculty offices, the newly remodeled 1,800-seat Kent Concert Hall, and the award-winning 400-seat Caine Performance Hall. The Department offers the Bachelor of Music in Performance, the Bachelor of Music in Piano Pedagogy, the Bachelor of Music Education, a Bachelor of Science in Music Therapy, and a Master of Music degrees in Piano Performance & Pedagogy, Performance – Guitar, and Conducting – Choral. The Department is a member of the National Association of Schools of Music. Additional information is available at http://music.usu.edu.
• Master's degree in music from an accredited university or conservatory.
• Demonstrated effectiveness as a coach/conductor for opera and musical theater productions at the college or university level required.
• Demonstrated effectiveness as a keyboard coach/accompanist required.
• Collegiate-level teaching experience required.
• Proficiency in lyric diction and translation for German, French, and Italian required.
• Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a collegial environment required
Opportunity Type: Full-Time w/benefits package
Percent or Time or Hours per Week: 100%
Advertised Salary: Salary commensurate with education/experience, plus excellent benefits
See http://usu.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobid=1150 for more information and to apply online.
Employment in this position is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Utah State University is an AA/EO Employer and encourages gender and ethnic diversity.