This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: College/University
Methodist University in Fayetteville, NC is seeking to fill a choral/vocal position for our growing and dynamic program vocal program for the coming 2017-2018 academic year. The ideal candidate will possess experience and commensurate education in choral conducting and instruction of applied voice.
1. Teach 5-10 hours each fall and spring semester.
2. Conduct the “Treble Tones” women’s chorus.
3. Teach applied voice to music majors and minors, as well as non-majors.
4. Utilize talents, academic background, and strong personal qualities to serve the best interest of students and Methodist University.
5. Teach other music classes, related to expertise, as assigned by the department chair.
1. Master’s degree (preferably, but not limited to, vocal performance, vocal pedagogy, and/or choral directing)
2. Collegiate choral music conducting experience using representative choral literature preferred, but not required.
3. Ideal pedagogue will have experience and training rooted in the classic tradition, but that expands into contemporary styles of singing, e.g., supportive instruction for the development of healthful and reliable technical skill covering multiple genres including classical/opera/oratorio, Music Theater, and jazz/gospel/etc.
4. Proficient piano skills preferred.
5. Recruit and maintain acceptable relationships with area high school directors.
6. Ability to teach other music classes, if required.
7. Have a desire to work with a supportive and professional music faculty.
Applications are accepted through our website: www.methodist.edu/positions-available. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Methodist University is located in Fayetteville, North Carolina. For questions, contact Dr. Keith Dippre at 910-630-7101 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Methodist University reserves the right to authenticate academic and professional credentials and to consult public records prior to extending offers of employment. EOE
Salary: varies with the amount of applied students taught, to be discussed.
Dr. Keith Dippre
Chair, Music Department
Send resume or CV
Methodist University is a liberal arts institution located in Fayetteville, North Carolina that enrolls roughly 2,500 students. The Music Department is experiencing growth, and various building projects are currently taking place. Our vocal studio has recently increased by some 100%.