This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: College/University
The successful candidate will serve as Coordinator/Head of the Vocal Arts area. In addition to teaching Applied Voice, the candidate will be expected to administer CSUN Opera Theater with colleagues, direct Opera Workshop and to teach foreign language diction courses or Vocal Pedagogy when required as well as to direct on-campus opera productions as needed.
Responsibilities include advising prospective and continuing students, coordinating student entrance auditions, coordinating vocal juries, supervising recitals and serving on graduate committees.
The successful candidate will be held to the standards and requirements of the college and department in which he/she is housed for recommending tenure and promotion
• A doctorate in vocal performance is preferred. A master’s degree with extensive professional performing experience will be considered.
• Previous successful university-level teaching is required. Previous experience as an opera director or head of a university opera program preferred.
• Experience in recruitment and outreach.
• Evidence of the ability to balance excellent teaching, creative activities and service.
• Located in Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, CSUN is a learning centered university that is regionally focused and nationally recognized with a student population drawn largely from the Los Angeles area. A demonstrated ability to teach a diverse student population is preferred.
• The successful candidate will be expected to join faculty and staff in a commitment to active learning, to the assessment of learning outcomes, and to multiple pathways that enable students to graduate.
• At time of appointment, the successful candidate, if not a U.S. citizen, must have authorization from the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services to work in the United States.
Screening of applications will begin on October 4, 2019. Priority will be given to applicants who meet the screening deadline; however, the position will remain open until filled.
Salary: Commensurate with background and qualifications
How to Apply:
This institution is using Interfolio’s ByCommittee to conduct this search. Applicants for this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge to: http://apply.interfolio.com/67818
About the College:
For more information about the College visit: http://www.csun.edu/mike-curb-arts-media-communication
About the Department:
For more information about the department, visit our website at: http://www.csun.edu/mike-curb-arts-media-communication/music