This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: College/University
At the UdK Berlin the following position is available in the College of Music – State and Cathedral Choir:
– Remuneration group 13 TV-L Berlin Universities –
unlimited position with half of the regular weekly working time
Reference number: 3/1585/20
The Berlin State and Cathedral Choir (SDC) is the boys‘ choir at the UdK Berlin. It is considered to be the oldest musical establishment in Berlin. Today, about 350 boys and young men sing in the choir‘s seven training levels. With almost 80 performances, concerts and church services a year in the city‘s concert halls, churches and opera houses, the choir is a living part of Berlin‘s cultural landscape. In line with its statutes, the choir is a “model choir for choral singing“ within and outside of Berlin due to its teaching of old and contemporary music and the variety of concert and performative formats. The State and Cathedral Choir offers musical-educational working with children at a high level at the interface between research, teaching and practice in
the context of an art university.
Area of responsibility:
• Managing the voice training team in terms of content and organisation
• Educational supervision of boys’ voices (individual voice training, choir voice training, assistance at rehearsal days, rehearsal trips and concerts)
• Organisational assignments
• Cooperating in the team and parent communication
• Training of UdK Berlin students in the subject of children‘s voice training
• University degree in singing or in music education with a focus on singing (master‘s degree or proof of a comparable qualification)
• Proof of educational experience in the area of “children‘s voice training“ and “choir voice training”
• Experience in educational work with boys is desirable
• Profound physiological knowledge of the voice of boys and young men
• Skills of academic reflection on voice teaching issues
• Strong team and communication skills
• Representation skills
• Experience in the field of higher education is desirable
What we offer:
• Interesting, varied work in a university and artistic environment
• Professional further education and training options
• Supplementary pension scheme
• Flexible working hours
• Institutional health management
• Good accessibility of the workplace by public transport, for which we provide a reduced-price VBB job ticket
• Staff Exchange, a mobility programme for employees (m/f/d)
The UdK Berlin is particularly committed to a recruitment policy free of discrimination and place specific attention on equal opportunities and diversity. Thereby the UdK Berlin works towards increasing the quota of women by employing and promoting women, in particular in leading positions and in areas in which they are underrepresented, considering gender mainstreaming in
particular. Recognised persons with disabilities will be given preferential consideration if they are equally qualified. Please indicate if you are a disabled person in your application. Applications from persons with a migration background who fulfil the requirements for recruitment are expressly welcome.
Please send your written application with detailed application documents, stating the reference number,
by 26 October 2020 by post to Universität der Künste Berlin – ZSD 1 –, Postfach 12 05 44, 10595 Berlin.
By submitting an application, you agree that your data may be electronically processed and stored.
For cost reasons we can only return the application documents if you enclose a sufficiently stamped return
Find more information at: www.udk-berlin.de/universitaet/stellenausschreibungen
Berlin University of the Arts (UdK) is one of the largest, most diversified and traditional art colleges in the world with almost 4,000 students, around 30% of whom come from abroad. The range of courses offered by the Colleges of Fine Arts, Design, Music and Performing Arts as well as the Berlin Career College, the Jazz Institute Berlin and the Inter-University Centre for Dance covers in more than 70 courses the entire spectrum of the arts and related academic studies. With the right to confer
doctorates and post-doctoral qualifications, UdK Berlin is also one of the few art colleges in Germany with full university status. In addition, we provide teacher training programmes for art, music and theatre education. The UdK Berlin hosts around 200 art and academic professorships, around 250 academic and artistic employees as well as around 300 employees in libraries and the areas of administration, service and technology. With about 700 events a year, UdK Berlin is also a central event location in the Berlin cultural landscape.