This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Other
Are you seeking to have a national and international impact with your marketing skill set? Do
you want to be part of an arts organization that has compelling stories waiting for you to tell?
Do you want to be involved in an organization that has compelling events, competitions, and
professional development for singers and teachers of singing and just had their highest
attendance ever at their national conference?
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is organized, able to multi-task and can
efficiently manage many projects simultaneously. A successful candidate must have excellent
verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse
group including executives, staff, and Board members. This is an exempt position (salaried) and reports to the Executive Director. The successful applicant will administer the design and
production of all NATS online and print media, as well as recruit and retain advertisers in all
areas (print, online marketing, and NATS events).
Salary: commensurate with qualifications and experience. Anticipated salary range: $49,000-
$52,000. This is a full time/40 hours per week position. Benefits include paid holidays, vacation
and sick leave, plus medical reimbursement for full time employment after probation period has
been completed. 401K eligibility after one-year employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Execute comprehensive marketing/advertising campaigns for the organization.
• Implement and manage deliverable-driven promoted and organic social media
• Work cooperatively to develop packages for sponsorship opportunities for national
conference events and recruit sponsors for each conference event.
• Develop and manage media calendar.
• Manage media relations, including writing and distributing press releases.
• Manage development of weekly email communications with third party provider.
• Assist the Executive Director and staff in periodic review and redesign of NATS
membership materials, publications, and frequently used documents.
• Coordinate the design and production of NATS printed brochures, forms and signs.
• Co-manage applications and interface with NATS officers responsible for NATSAA,
NATS Intern Program, Emerging Leaders Program, Independent Teacher Fellowships,
• Oversee the production of all NATS advertising for NATS publications: Journal of
Singing, Inter Nos (newsletter), nats.org, and national conference programs, as well as
other publications such as Classical Singer, Choral Journal, Opera America, etc.
• Develop and implement a strategy for increasing advertising revenue and aggressively
recruit and retain advertisers in all areas (print, online marketing, and for NATS events).
• Maintain the Association’s website (www.nats.org) and content management system, as
well as optimize the website’s value. Develop articles and content as necessary. Manage
Live Learning Center and other media platforms.
• Creative and disciplined individual with the ability to provide solutions to promote the
organization and meet the needs of the Association through the use of web and print
advertising; have the ability to creatively and effectively design advertising for maximum
• Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team in a non-profit small
• Must be exceptionally organized and possess excellent verbal, online, proof reading,
phone and written communication skills with the ability to craft the appropriate message.
• Must be highly motivated, and have the ability to efficiently handle multiple projects,
tasks, and responsibilities simultaneously.
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
applications a plus.
• Must be flexible in taking on additional assignments or projects as needed.
Education and Experience:
• BA or BS degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
• 3 - 5 years experience in marketing/communications or related experience preferred.
• Must have demonstrated success in communication skills; establishing and maintaining
cooperative working relationships with staff, supervisors, other outside agencies,
advertisers, and the public.
• Ability to build strong collaborative relationships within the organization and with
outside vendors, advertisers, exhibitors, and potential sponsors.
• Experience creating press releases, radio scripts, etc.
• Experience managing promoted and organic social media campaigns.
• Graphic Design training a plus.
• Artistic background preferred.
If you are interested and think you meet the qualifications for this position, please send the
materials below in electronic format to Allen Henderson, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
• Cover letter that specifically addresses the qualifications above.
• Relevant work samples (could include press releases, collateral materials, digital
• Resume listing specific experience.
• List of at least three references including email addresses and phone numbers
Salary: Salary: commensurate with qualifications and experience. Anticipated salary range: $49,000- $52,000. This is a full time/40 hours per week position. Benefits include paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, plus medical reimbursement for full time employment after probation period has been completed. 401K eligibility after one-year employment.
The National Association of Teachers of Singing is a non-profit international professional
organization for teachers of singing based in Jacksonville, FL. With over 7000 members, the
executive office provides services to members of the profession through conferences, workshops, vocal competitions, a recognized scholarly journal, and through its network of regional and chapter events.