This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: College/University
• Provide music direction and vocal coaching at the pre-professional level
• Teach individual musical theatre singing lessons
• Accompanist for Musical Theatre Acting class
• Further strengthen the program's ties to the theatre industry
• Actively participate in the Theatre Program’s faculty meetings, auditions, and recruitment activities.
• Professional theatre credits as a music director
• Excellent piano skills
• An understanding of contemporary musical theatre, contemporary interpretations of traditional shows, pop/rock styles, and corresponding vocal techniques
• A passion for mentoring emerging professionals in an encouraging atmosphere with a growth-oriented mindset
• A completed graduate degree or 5 years commensurate professional experience
Candidate’s with a background in Actor’s Voice training and /or ability to teach Musical Theatre History is a desired skill but not required.
Application submissions will include a cover letter addressing the listed responsibilities and qualifications, a curriculum vitae, videos of teaching musical theatre voice lessons (please include a variety of styles), and contact information for three professional references.
Salary: $45,000 - $50,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is an academic year appointment.
Application materials should be submitted to: Karla Kash, Director, Theatre Program, University at email@example.com, no later than May 18, 2018, for full consideration. However, will be taking applications until ideal candidate is identified.
Associate Professor, Director/Producer of the Theatre Program