This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: College/University
1) Teach voice to music majors, including recital preparation and graduate research paper supervision
2) Teach music-related courses that may include song and/or opera literature; undergraduate- and graduate-level vocal pedagogy and supervised teaching; diction in the singing languages; opera workshop; other courses as needed.
3) Mentor undergraduate and graduate vocal students
4) Pursue scholarly and creative endeavors, which may include solo and collaborative music performance, publications, pedagogical research, lecture and guest teaching, and scholarly research
5) Maintain an active performance schedule at regional, national, and international venues
6) Serve on recital and proficiency juries
7) Take an active part in recruitment, including auditions and summer programs
8) Plan and organize enrichment activities in the Vocal Division (visiting artists, master classes, etc.)
9) Serve on school, college, and university committees as assigned
1) Master's degree in voice required; doctoral degree in voice preferred or equivalent professional experience
2) Teaching experience at the university level
3) Evidence of high-level performing experience
4) BYU, an equal opportunity employer, requires all faculty to observe the university's honor code and dress and grooming standards. Preference is given to qualified candidates who are members in good standing of the affiliated church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
1) Submit a university application, cover letter, and curriculum vitae online at yjobs.byu.edu
2) Submit the following either by upload with the application or directly to the search committee chair:
a. Transcripts (an official one is required for the terminal degree)
b. Samples of scholarly work (recordings of recent solo performances [or links to recordings], publications, research, etc.)
3) If applicant is currently teaching at a college/university, submit the last three years of institutional teaching/student ratings either by upload with the application or directly to the search committee chair.
4) All materials must be received by the application deadline: October 1, 2019
5) Search Committee Chair is Dr. Diane Reich, firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: Negotiable, depending on qualifications and experience
Dr. Diane Reich, Search Committee Chair
School of Music
Brigham Young University
Provo UT 84602
The School of Music at Brigham Young University is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music and has 500 majors enrolled in its undergraduate and graduate programs. The School has 51 full-time and approximately 55 adjunct faculty members and offers instruction leading to a variety of degrees, including the B.A., B.M., B.F.A., M.A., and M.M. Brigham Young University, which is supported by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, has an enrollment of 33,000 students drawn from all over the world. BYU is located 50 miles south of Salt Lake City, Utah.