This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Other
Do you want to be involved in an organization that offers events, competitions, and professional development for singers and teachers of singing and just recorded the highest attendance ever at its national conference?
We are looking for a highly-motivated individual who is organized and can efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously. A successful candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact professionally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Website updates and maintenance
• Building member engagement and promoting student involvement through NATS social networking
• Developing Marketing opportunities
• Other administrative duties as needed
What We Require
• Background in Marketing, Communication, non-profit management or other related discipline
• Enthusiasm and interest in performing arts and music education
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Professional demeanor in working with staff members, Board members and other executives
• Familiarity with social networking sites
• Knowledge of web editing tools
• Flexibility, creativity and ability to work independently
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite products: (InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere) preferred
What You Will Learn
• Assist in building a social media strategy and marketing calendar
• Relationship building with our online community by maintaining Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other accounts
• Tracking social media analytics, reporting results and discovering new ideas
• Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects
We value our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will also learn the work environment of a trade association and have opportunities to network with other professionals in our field.
• The date range of the internship follows the academic semester and runs approximately three to four months.
• Intern is expected to work at least 12 hours per week, or if applicable, in compliance with requirements for academic credits from your school.
Salary: This is an unpaid internship position, and does not include health insurance benefits.
If you are interested and think you meet these qualifications, please send the materials listed below to:
Paul Witkowski, Marketing and Communications Manager; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Cover letter that addresses the qualifications above
• Relevant writing samples (could include writing assignments, news releases, collateral materials, digital campaigns, etc.)
• Resume listing specific experience
• List of up to three references including email addresses and phone numbers
Mailing Address: National Association of Teachers of Singing, 9957 Moorings Drive, Suite 401, Jacksonville, FL 32257
The National Association of Teachers of Singing (NATS) is a non-profit international professional organization for teachers of singing maintaining the highest possible standards in the voice teaching profession. NATS was founded in 1944 and its National Office has been based in Jacksonville, Fla., since 1985. With more than 7,000 voice teachers and their 150,000+ students, the National Office provides services to members of the profession through conferences, workshops, vocal competitions, a recognized scholarly journal, and through its network of regional and chapter events.