<div>About the Event:
- The Auditions will be Saturday, February 23, 2019 at State College of Florida. Melodie Dickerson, State College Florida, is our host.
- Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. (Location TBD) SCF will provide pastries and coffee beginning at 8:00 a.m. for teachers and accompanists.
- Judges Meeting (all teachers) at 8:20 a.m. (Location TBD)
- Auditions will start at 9 am and end at 12:30 p.m.
- Lunch instructions will be provided on day of auditions.
- Afternoon Concert Round begins at 2:00 p.m. in Neel Performing Arts Center
- Be sure to complete registration by February 9, 2018.
- Be sure that you know your students age, birthday, school/studio, address and telephone, as well as their repertoire choices.
- Please consider your student's age as a factor in their category... some students may not qualify for a category because they have "aged out."
- You will be asked to pay for your registration before it is finalized, be sure that you have collected funds from your students. The fee is $5 per studio plus $33 per student per category.
- Contact Lynn Martindale, Student Auditions Coordinator with questions via email: email@example.com
To Prepare: ~~~PLEASE READ~~~
- Plan to be available all day. It's a lot of work and we appreciate it!
- Review the judging style video.
- Review the National Guidelines (that we use as a model).
- Review documents and the NATS FAQ.
- Judges who have completed their categories may be needed to volunteer to tally scores. (Judging Room TBD)
- Please limit the length of Awards Concert song selections to as close to 2:00 minutes as possible. This will help us all enjoy the concert more.
- Talk with your students about vocal accompaniments, whether they can be realistically sight read with zero preparation.
- Talk with your students about the nature of live performance and its possible imperfection.
- Talk with them about polite behavior and appropriate attire: Bare midriffs have upsurged as a fashion choice, but are not acceptable. Women should wear appropriate length dresses, skirts or pants; ball gowns are unnecessary. Men should wear shirts tucked in with a tie, jacket optional. No tennis shoes or sandals for any gender.
- Students must have original copies of their music (no photocopies) or authorized printouts. For IMSLP and similar editions, a screenshot of the download link is a great help. Your kids are smart and tech savvy, they can do this for you.
Address for State College Florida:
5840 26th Street East
Bradenton, FL 34207</div>
<div>Photo releases for all teacher and student participants will be collected during registration the day of the event. Please fill them out for you and your students beforehand and bring them when you check in. If you have students who are under the age of 18, their parents/guardians will need to sign them.</div>