Joan Frey Boytim Awards for Independent Teachers
|Joan Frey Boytim|
In the summer of 2015, the NATS Foundation announced a new opportunity for independent teachers. Thanks to a significant gift from Joan Frey Boytim, NATS is able to award $1,000 to one NATS member from each of the 15 NATS regions to attend the NATS National Conferences. It is designed to recognize and support independent teachers who do not hold full or part-time teaching positions in a college or university.
Up to 15 fellowships will be awarded to attend the 58th NATS National Conference in Knoxville, TN, June 28 - July 2, 2024. See below for application details.
February 1, 2024. Online applications with all required materials must be completed by the deadline date. Late entries will not be considered for the award.
In order to be eligible, ALL of the following requirements must apply:
- The applicant must be a NATS member in good standing at the time of application and time of the conference;
- The applicant must never have attended a NATS National Conference previously;
- Applicant must teach at least 5 private students per week;
- Applicant must not work for a college or university as a voice instructor;
Recipients will not receive the funds until after the conference and will be required to write a short essay detailing their experience in order to receive the disbursement of the funds.
- Complete the online application.
- Provide name and contact information for 1 letter of reference (to be requested and submitted through the portal)