NATS offers five membership types that allow for individual levels of interest in participation and needs. In general, membership is open to teachers, coaches, choral directors, collaborative pianists, performers, and industry professionals.
- Full members are generally more experienced in teaching or collaborating with vocalists and have obtained their degree. Full members may hold a national office and participate in National Student Auditions.
- Associate members are usually just beginning their careers in coaching. They can participate in student auditions, but associate members are not allowed to hold an office at the national level.
- Emeritus members are NATS members who have been active with NATS for more than 20 years and are over 68 years in age. They may not be as active in their profession anymore, but they still have a lot to teach the younger teachers in the profession. They can participate in student auditions and hold a national office
- Affiliate members are members who are in a field related to teaching singing, but they are not necessarily teachers themselves. They do not hold national office and cannot participate in student auditions.
- Student membership is for students pursuing a career in singing, teaching singing, or collaborative piano at the undergraduate or advanced university studies. As students, they are not allowed to participate in National Student Auditions or hold a national office.
- Tiered membership dues are for international members in developing countries. Some international members may receive discounts based on the purchasing power of their currency and standard of living in their country of residence. Members from less wealthy nations pay less in dues.
If you have questions on which membership type would best suit your needs, please the NATS executive offices or call 904-992-9101 weekdays between 8:30-4 p.m. ET.
Want to gift a NATS membership? No problem! Check out our gift membership options.