Musical Theatre Styles - Audio Examples
Below are YouTube links that demonstrate a variety of musical theatre singing styles.
- Natalie Weiss—Wicked, The Wizard and I (belt from 2:50 through end)
- Cynthia Erivo—The Color Purple, I’m Here
- Eva Noblezada—Miss Saigon, I’d Give My Life for You
- Karen Olivo—West Side Story, America
- Sutton Foster—Little Women, Astonishing (from 4:48)
- Marin Mazzie—Ragtime, Back to Before (from 2:45)
Legit and soprano mix
- Rebecca Luker—The Secret Garden, How Could I Ever Know?
- Laura Osnes—The Music Man, Goodnight My Someone
Belt and variable mix
- Laura Osnes—Anastasia, Journey to the Past (belt from 2:10 to end)
- Jeremy Jordan—The Last Five Years, Movin’ Too Fast (starts at 2:45)
- Jeremy Jordan—Newsies, Santa Fe (starts at 2:10)
- Norm Lewis—Phantom of the Opera, Music of the Night
- Jessie Mueller and Joshua Henry—Carousel, If I Loved You
Belt and TA mix
- Joshua Henry—Violet, Let it Sing
- Gavin Creel—Thoroughly Modern Millie, What Do I Need with Love?
- Andrew Rannells—Book of Mormon, I Believe
- Aaron Tveit—Miss Saigon, Why God Why?