When a NATS member travels to a foreign country where they will interact with singers, voice teachers, coaches, and other voice professionals, they may register to be a NATS International Ambassador. Ambassadors agree to graciously represent NATS as they reach out to share what NATS does, and to learn what voice experts are doing to encourage high standards and ethical principles in teaching and promoting singing through education, research, programs, auditions, adjudication, workshops, conferences, journals, and other initiatives. NATS Ambassadors file a report for the NATS International Advisory Committee (IAC) detailing where they went, who they met, and what they learned. The report is retained in IAC files, and appropriate information is added to RESOURCES on the NATS International webpage. Ambassadors may register each time they travel and report back after each trip.
Click here to register as a NATS International Ambassador.
1. Research NATS sister associations in the country(s) you are traveling.
2. Contact private or institutional voice teachers/experts you plan to visit. (e-mail, skype, phone, Facebook, websites.
3. Set up meeting times.
1. Ask about their professional voice organization(s).
2. Tell them about NATS - who we are and what we do
3. Send them to our webpage: www.nats.org
Explore teaching practices: (How are they alike or different from yours/ours in North America)
Your RETURN REPORT: