2023 Fall NATS National Mentoring Collaborative: Mentee Application
Thank you for your interest in participating in the NATS National Mentoring Collaborative (NNMC). This initiative makes it possible for voice teachers and researchers to connect with established experts around the country who will mentor individuals, and possibly groups of 4 to 6 people, with shared interests. Mentees at all levels of experience are welcome and will be matched accordingly.
Requirements for Mentees Enrolled in NNMC
- Watch an introductory video outlining the format and expectations*
- Attend two individual online or in-person meetings/observations with the Mentor (two hours)*
- Observe a lesson taught by a colleague or peer willing to have you do so*
- Submit two 30-minute teaching videos to your Mentor, as well as complete possible individualized projects, homework, and/or assignments, as determined by the Mentor*
- Attend an online group meeting at the start and/or finish of the sessions*
1. VIDEO SUBMISSION (instructions below)
- Submit a video sample of your teaching (15-20 minutes).
- Submit a video of you performing arias, art songs or other repertoire (10 minutes).
2. UPLOAD RESUME
3. COMPLETE APPLICATION FORM QUESTIONS. Begin by clicking "New Submission" below.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
October 1 (by email)
Each approved mentee will pay $150 to participate
FALL SESSION DATES
October 1 - December 15, 2023
Optional Video Recording Instructions
Be sure to position the camera so that both the teacher and student are clearly visible and audible.
This 15-20 minute video may be an edited excerpt from a longer lesson and must be posted to YouTube (see directions below).
Your video recordings must clearly show your face and most of your upper body.
You must perform each of your selections from memory on your recording.
This must be posted to YouTube (see directions below).
PREPARING THE YOUTUBE VIDEO
Please note that you must select "public" or "unlisted" in the Privacy Settings found under the Broadcasting and Sharing Options section when uploading your video file to YouTube.
If you select "private," adjudicators will not be able to access your submission(s).
In the application, provide the web link/address for each video that corresponds to the appropriate repertoire selection.
Please double check the links you provide for each video before submitting your application.
The following video problems would make them invalid:
- Videos with “private’ sharing options (see above).
- Videos that pan and zoom during performances.
- Videos using additional recording equipment other than the camera.
- Videos that are digitally altered.
Once applicants have been accepted, Mentor/Mentee matches will be determined by a small committee. A Mentee may make a specific request from the Mentor List at www.nats.org/National_Mentoring_Initiative.html
Best efforts will be made to make the requested match.
If you have any questions about this program, you may contact Jeanne Goffi-Fynn by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To make a submission login or register.