As World Voice Day approaches, NATS members have an opportunity to becomes the next Vocapedia star!
Beginning February 24, the 50 Topics In 50 Days Initiative will encourage NATS members to contribute some of their most basic or advanced knowledge about acoustics, hygiene, anatomy and physiology, or frequently asked questions they receive from students. The process of contributing resources is simple and easy.
One resource per day will be added leading up to the April 16 observance of World Voice Day.
Included on this page are some Frequently Asked Questions that could be useful resources added to Vocapedia.info. Do you have information or wisdom about these topics? Share it! Record a video, post an article, or provide a third-party resource that you know is relevant and useful. Vocapedia.info is intended to be a knowledge base for all levels of learning - from the beginner to the most advanced teacher. Every resource has a purpose and a home!
Become one of the NATS 50!
Potential Resource Topics
- How do I know if I should see an otolaryngologist? How do I find one who knows something about voice?
- What changes are expected in an aging voice?
- What is the difference between "in and up" breathing and "down and out" breathing
- What is the RIGHT way to breathe?
- What is the Bernoulli effect, and what does it have to do with singing?
- Should the back/shoulders/jaw/layrnx/palate move when singing/breathing?
- What is the palate supposed to do?
- What is the uvula supposed to do?
- What is the psoas/pterygoid/digastric muscle, and what is it supposed to do for singing?
- How does understanding the anatomy/physiology/acoustics of the voice help/hurt my singing?
- What are registers? Where/how are they produced?
- How can I get my baritone singer to find his head voice?
- Why is it OK for classical singers to be fat?
- What should I do if a have a cold and have to sing?
- Can I sing if I'm hoarse? Will it hurt me?
- Are some herbals teas better than others for singing?
- How do I protect my voice when it's cold/dry outside?
- Why does water have to be room temperature? I like ice water. Is that bad? Is hot water better?
- Is coffee really bad for my voice?
How To Submit A Resource
Suggest a Resource
The ultimate power of Vocapedia rests in you the user suggesting or creating quality resources to be added to the site for all to use. Each resource submitted will be reviewed for
- Fact-based pedagogy
- Accurate use of terminology appropriately applied to the topic
- Absence of commerciality – Vocapedia is NOT a venue for selling resources or services. All resources submitted should be free of such.
Once a resource is submitted it will be reviewed and:
- Added to the site immediately
- Referred back to the person who submitted it for suggested revision
- Rejected due to the inability to meet the requirements of the site.