Colorado-Wyoming Student Auditions
April 2, 2022
Colorado-Wyoming NATS Student Auditions 2022
- ALL NATS members registering students are required to judge during preliminary & final rounds (see handbook for exceptions). Auditions are April 2 (preliminaries) and April 3 (semi-finals, finals, and awards) at Colorado Mesa University in Grand Junction. The mandatory adjudicators meeting will start at 11am on Saturday, April 2 and awards will end the afternoon of Sunday, April 3.
- If you need to update your info (email address, cell #, etc.), please do so on the nats.org page on your profile. Please do NOT list your office phone as your only contact number.
- No student entries will be accepted after Thursday, February 24, 2022. Please double check you have all of your students entered by Thursday, February 24th, 11:59pm MST.
- Auditions Chair, Caitlin Moore, will have limited time to assist last-minute questions or tech help due to her teaching load. PLEASE register early.
- Students must audition with repertoire that: meets the requirements described in our COWY NATS Student Auditions Handbook 2022.
- Singers and pianists must follow the updated Copyright Regulations: https://www.nats.org/Copyright_Resources.html
- STUDENT REGISTRATION FEE: All student auditions will be assessed a fee of $15.00. If a student is registered to sing in both classical and music theater divisions, the student must pay $30.00.
- Reminder: Teachers must pay for their entire studio rather than sending in individual payments. Teachers must collect the student entry fees from their singers being entered into the auditions. Payments can be made using a debit or credit card on the online system.
How to Register:
- Time-Saving Tip: Have ALL information available for students and pianists before starting the registration process. Enter students before February 24th
- There is a "How-To" document from NATS found under the "Forms/Miscellaneous Info" link above. Please have it open to aid you through the process.
- Download the COWY NATS Student Auditions Handbook 2022 so that you may correctly enter your students. You may also find the Handbook under "Forms/Miscellaneous Info." There have been major changes. Please review.
- You may download the Individual Student Entry Worksheet and Studio Registration Worksheet on which you may gather the information needed to register/enter your students on this website. This is for collecting information only. You must still register online.
- Please update your personal information, includingyour contact information (CELL number) & adjudicating preferences. Please verify that all your information is current. Click on this link to Update Your NATS Address at nats.org
- To enter your students, click on "Register for Event/Conference" button, and select our Student Auditions beginning April 2nd. Follow the prompts to select students entered last year or type in information for a new student in each window.
- If you are a private studio teacher, please enter the name of your studio (i.e. “Jane Doe Voice Studio”). We must have your name associated for judging purposes. Do not enter high school name for students in high school.
- Fill in all required info and continue to enter their category (if entering two categories, that option will appear after completion of the first category and pianist). After the first category is selected, you will be asked to enter their pianist. Select from the drop-down menu, or click "Pianist Not Found in List" to enter their info. If the student will be entering two categories, select "Yes" after completely saving the first category when it asks if they are entering a second category. Repeat this process until all your students are entered. Accessing the NATS Registration System
- The student entry fee is $15.00 per entry. Entry fees are $30.00 for a single student entering both classical & music theater. Teachers are expected to serve as adjudicators for preliminaries and finals rounds on both days. After all students are entered and all information has been thoroughly checked over, click the green "Complete Registration" at the top to pay. Note, registration for student audition material closes promptly at 12:01 a.m. on February 25th, 2022. Please enter earlier than the 24th should you run into any issues that may prevent you from completing your entries by the deadline.
- For more details, the "2022 Auditions Chair's Letter" to the membership is available to download by clicking on "Forms/Miscellaneous Info" or by clicking on this link: Auditions Chair Letter 2022
After registration closes on Thursday, February 24th, the Auditions Chair will check all entries submitted, create the auditions schedule, and email each teacher with instructions about adjudication approximately 7 days before the auditions.
GOVERNOR - COLORADO/WYOMING
Colorado Chapter President
John Pierce, President