Style: Pop; Opera; Classical; Musical Theatre
Bio: The owner of Cantabile Voice Studio is Deborah LaMee-Killebrew. She is a classically trained soprano and accomplished performer with over 15 years of experience in opera, song recital, musical theatre, sacred music and choir. She holds a Master of Music in voice performance from the New England Conservatory of Music and a Bachelor of Music in voice from Arizona State University.
Deborah’s students’ achievements include:
- Placement in top choirs and performing ensembles
- Leading roles in community and high school productions
- Acceptance to voice and music theatre programs at leading universities and music schools, including the American Musical and Dramatic Academy, Arizona State University, University of Arizona, UC Berkeley, and Northern Arizona University
- Placement in Regional and All State Choirs
- Successful participation in local and regional vocal competitions
- Performance in solo and studio recitals
- Collaboration with other artists and producers to release recorded singles and covers.
Deborah enjoys teaching both privately and in group settings, and is experienced in directing and developing choirs at the high school and middle school levels. She is comfortable instructing a range of vocal types and singing styles, and is available to teach beginning and advanced students. Her goal is for her students to obtain a healthy and natural vocal technique, a deeper understanding and appreciation of their voice, a love of music, and a will to perform. Deborah is also available for instruction in music theory and sight-reading.
Voice Type: Soprano
Music Styles Taught: Pop; Opera; Classical; Musical Theatre
Availability: I am available as a performer; I am currently accepting private students; I am available as a clinician or presenter