This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Other
The administrative assistant will assist in maintaining specific areas in the operations of the executive office, customer service for members and customers, and she or he will assist with other administrative duties as necessary. The administrative assistant will work as a team member with other staff to ensure all activities of NATS are of the highest quality possible and that our members are served effectively.
We seek a highly motivated individual who is organized, able to multitask and can efficiently manage many projects simultaneously. The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, staff, NATS Board members, NATS members, applicants, and presenters to ensure excellent customer service is maintained.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required; knowledge of the arts and the singing profession a plus.
• Creative and disciplined individual with ability to work independently and without supervision as part of a team atmosphere in a non-profit small office environment.
• Must be exceptionally organized and possess excellent verbal, online, proof reading, phone and written communications skills with the ability to craft the appropriate message.
• Must be highly motivated, and have the ability to efficiently handle multiple projects, tasks, and responsibilities simultaneously.
• Proficiency and experience in: Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel, Adobe Acrobat Professional, database and website management.
• Sensitivity to the organization’s structure and needs.
• Must be flexible in taking on additional assignments or projects as needed.
This is a full time (40 hours per week) exempt position (salaried). Benefits include paid holidays, vacation and sick leave; medical reimbursement for full time employment after probation period has been completed; and 401K plan after one year employment completed.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you think you meet the qualifications for this position, please send a cover letter that specifically addresses the qualifications above, resume listing specific experience, and a list of at least three references including email addresses to:
Deborah Guess, Director of Operations, email@example.com.
The National Association of Teachers of Singing is a non-profit international professional organization for teachers of singing based in Jacksonville, FL. The executive office provides services to more than 7,300 members of the profession through conferences, workshops, vocal competitions, a recognized scholarly journal, and through its network of regional and chapter events.