Job Description / Duties
We are looking for a highly-motivated individual who is organized, able to multi-task and can efficiently manage many projects simultaneously. Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, staff, and Board members. This is an exempt position (salaried) and reports to the Executive Director. The successful applicant will administer the design and production of all NATS online and print media, as well as recruit and retain advertisers in all areas (print, online marketing, and NATS events).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Advertising and Design
- Administer the design and production of all NATS advertising for NATS publications: Journal of Singing, Inter Nos (newsletter), nats.org, and national conference programs, as well as other publications such as Classical Singer, Choral Journal, Opera America, etc.
- Coordinate the design and production of NATS printed brochures, forms and signs.
- Develop, post, and maintain the Association’s website (nats.org) and content management system, as well as optimize the website’s value. Develop articles and content as necessary. Manage Live Learning Center and other media platforms.
- Assist the Executive Director in periodic review and redesign of NATS membership materials, publications, and frequently used documents.
- Develop and implement a strategy for increasing advertising revenue in all areas; aggressively recruit and retain advertisers in all areas (print, online marketing, and for NATS events). Execute marketing/advertising campaigns for the organization.
- Manage all social media platforms for NATS.
- Work cooperatively to develop packages for sponsorship opportunities for national conference events, and recruit sponsors for each conference event.
- Develop and manage media calendar.
- Manage media relations, including writing and distributing press releases.
- Manage development of weekly e-news (Intermezzo) issues with third party provider.
- Co-manage applications and interface with NATS officers responsible for NATSAA, NATS Intern Program, Emerging Leaders Program, Independent Teacher Fellowships, and SNATS.
- Creative and disciplined individual with the ability to provide solutions to promote the organization and meet the needs of the Association through the use of web and print advertising; have the ability to creatively and effectively design advertising for maximum impact.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team in a non-profit small office environment
- Must be exceptionally organized and possess excellent verbal, online, proof reading, phone and written communication skills with the ability to craft the appropriate message.
- Must be highly motivated, and have the ability to efficiently handle multiple projects, tasks, and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications; Adobe Acrobat Professional, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, as well as online website updating/design, and managing digital content.
- Mobile app development experience is a plus.
- Must be flexible in taking on additional assignments or projects as needed.
Qualifications / Required Skills
Education and Experience:
• BA or BS degree in marketing, communications, graphic design, business or related field.
• 3 - 5 years experience in marketing/communications and/or advertising/graphic design, or related experience
• Must have demonstrated success in communication skills; establishing and maintaining cooperative working
relationships with staff, supervisors, other outside agencies, advertisers, and the public.
• Ability to build strong collaborative relationships within the organization and with outside vendors, advertisers,
exhibitors, and potential sponsors.
• Graphic Design training, and preferred additional experience designing print ads, creating press releases, radio
scripts, etc. Experience with social media.
• Experience in managing IT/Network in an office environment preferred
• Artistic background preferred
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you are interested and think you meet the qualifications for this position, please send the materials below in
electronic format to Allen Henderson, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cover letter that specifically addresses the qualifications above
• Samples from your portfolio
• Resume listing specific experience
• List of at least three references including email addresses and phone numbers.
The National Association of Teachers of Singing is a non-profit international professional organization for teachers of singing based in Jacksonville, FL. With over 7000 members, the executive office provides services to members of the profession through conferences, workshops, vocal competitions, a recognized scholarly journal, and through its network of regional and chapter events.