This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: College/University
1. Teach applied voice lessons to undergraduate music majors, minors, or elective students.
2. Teach courses related to vocal study which may include Diction, Pedagogy, Song Literature, Class Voice, or Opera Topics as divided between vocal faculty. (Expected to be one course per semester).
3. Collaborate with colleagues on performance opportunities within the department of music which may include opera production direction/contribution and choral or choral/instrumental works, as suited to candidate’s strengths.
4. Work with colleagues to actively recruit vocalists and other musicians to the university and/or department of music.
5. Contribute to a program of scholarship within the discipline, student advising, service to the University and community, and other associated faculty duties such as faculty meetings.
6. Contribute to interdisciplinary teaching and involvement in activities that support Bemidji State University's signature themes: Environmental stewardship, Civic engagement, Global/Multicultural Understanding.
7. The successful applicant will be expected to contribute to a collegial and supportive environment that advances the goals of the department, including curriculum development, assessment, and other departmental governance activities.
8. Assist with programmatic accreditation.
• Terminal degree in voice or vocal pedagogy from a nationally accredited institution at the start of employment.
• Demonstrated experience teaching voice and a commitment to quality teaching.
• Professional ability as a vocal performer, former professional performance experience as a vocalist, or other scholarly/creative work in the area of vocal performance that demonstrates professional vocal technique.
• Soprano, Mezzo-soprano, or Contralto preferred.
• Completed doctorate in voice or vocal pedagogy from a nationally accredited institution at the start of employment.
• Record of successful voice studios.
• Active work singing in opera, musical theater, concert, or recital.
• Stage directing experience or desire to direct opera, opera scenes, or musicals.
• Desire for national/international recognition.
• Strong ability to work in a collaborative environment.
Dr. Cory J Renbarger
Department of Music
1500 Birchmont Dr. NE
Bemidji, MN 56601
Telephone: (218) 755-2867
FAX: (218) 755-4369