This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: College/University
State/Province (or you can select Remote): Waco, TX
Position: Assistant Professor of Voice
Deadline: October 6, 2022
Posted: September 6, 2022
Job Description / Duties
- Teach applied voice to undergraduate and graduate voice students, including recruitment to Baylor’s voice programs
- Teach allied subjects such as Song Literature, Diction, Vocal Pedagogy, or other subjects as assigned
- Maintain an active performance profile on and off campus
- Participate in divisional and university service as needed
- Contribute to the rich artistic and intellectual life of Baylor University and the School of Music
Screening of applicants will begin on October 3, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants should submit electronically a signed letter of application, curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts for all academic degrees earned, contact information for 3 references, a link to a 30-minute video of voice teaching (ideally with a college-age student, and including both vocalizing and repertoire work), and links to recent performance videos featuring a variety of repertoire and totaling about 20 minutes in length. Materials must be submitted via http://apply.interfolio.com/111517. Following initial review on October 3rd, applicants who advance in the search process may be asked to send additional materials.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Master of Music degree required; DMA or equivalent professional experience preferred
- Experience as a studio voice teacher at the collegiate level is required
- Record of distinguished vocal performance on a national and/or international level required
RANK AND SALARY:
- Full-time, tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor
- Rank and salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
Please direct inquiries to:
Dr. Jamie Van Eyck
Chair of the Voice Search Committee
Resume and additional materials must be submitted via http://apply.interfolio.com/111517.
Located in Waco, Texas, Baylor University is the oldest college in Texas. With a population of around 21,000 students, Baylor is one of the top universities in the nation, having just been named an R1 institution by the Carnegie Classification in 2022. Baylor is also on the honor roll of the "Great Colleges to Work For" from The Chronicle of Higher Education, Baylor offers competitive salaries and benefits while giving faculty and staff the chance to live in one of the fastest-growing parts of the state. Our strategic plan, Illuminate, guides the University as we continue to live up to Baylor's mission of educating men and women for worldwide leadership and service by integrating academic excellence and Christian commitment within a caring community.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion as a selection criterion. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.