This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: College/University
The School of Music seeks a vibrant, energetic, and active artist/teacher of voice (soprano or bass/baritone preferred) for a tenure track Assistant Professor position. The School enjoys a long history of excellence in the vocal arts with nationally-recognized choral and opera programs. Opportunities to participate in Baroque and early music performances, vocal chamber music and contemporary classical music are available to both faculty and students. The successful candidate will be an excellent role model for students of high performance, pedagogic, and scholarship standards.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Recruit, teach, and advise undergraduate and graduate voice majors
• Participate in departmental activities including solo and collaborative performances
• Contribute to School of Music, college and university service efforts
• Maintain an active and visible international, national, and regional performance and outreach schedule
Minimum Qualification: Master's degree with distinguished professional experience.
• Doctoral degree in music.
• Demonstrated successful teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels.
• Ability to guide the creative activity of graduate students including the supervision of lecture recital documents.
• Evidence of creative/scholarly accomplishments through national and international performances, master classes, presentations at music conferences, recordings, publication and/or professional leadership.
• Ability to teach in a secondary area of expertise such as vocal pedagogy, vocal repertoire, diction, etc.
• Desire to work in a collegial way, supportive of the School of Music's comprehensive vocal offerings.
Start Date: August 2014
Screening of application will begin immediately and continue until filled.
Application materials: letter of interest and curriculum vitae to be uploaded as attachments to the application at http://www.uacareertrack.com
Additional Materials: Submit digitally recorded videos of performances (with dates), and digitally recorded videos of teaching (individual voice students). DVD's and/or a personal YouTube link may be submitted.
Submit three letters of recommendation
Supplementary materials should be mailed to Dr. Bruce B. Chamberlain, Chair, Voice Search Committee, The University of Arizona School of Music, P.O. Box 210004, Tucson, Arizona 85721-0004