This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Other
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Respond to inquiries by phone and email.
• Successfully respond to needs in an efficient manner.
Competitions and Auditions
NATS Artist Awards Competition, National Music Theater Competition, NATS Arts Song Composition Award, and
NATS National Student Auditions.
• Communicate effectively with all event chairs to ensure events run effectively.
• Ensure clarity of all online information about all events.
• Manage database and electronic applications related to duties.
• Assist coordinators and chairs with administrative duties as needed.
• Process all applications efficiently and follow up with applicants to ensure all applications are complete.
• Manage data and reporting for each event/program.
• Coordinate with other staff on advertising timelines and messaging.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required;
• Previous experience managing NATS Auditions at the chapter or region level preferred.
• Must have strong customer service skills. Creative and disciplined individual with ability to work
independently and without supervision in a team oriented atmosphere.
• Must be highly motivated, and have the ability to efficiently handle multiple projects, tasks, and
• Demonstrated experience in membership relations in a similar organization a plus. Must be exceptionally
organized and possess excellent verbal, online, proof reading, phone and written communications skills and
be highly self-motivated.
• Proficiency and experience in: Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel, Adobe Acrobat
Professional, database and website management.
• Experience in managing volunteers.
• Sensitivity to the organization’s structure and needs.
• Must be flexible in taking on additional assignments or projects as needed as well as have the ability to
We seek a highly motivated NATS member who is organized, able to work remotely, able to multi-task, and who can efficiently manage many projects simultaneously. The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including, staff, NATS Board members, NATS Members, and applicants. Must be able to manage periods of heavy activity in coordination with other employment Must be customer service oriented, interact with members and customers professionally via email and telephone, exhibit an excellent work ethic, and complete assignments on time. They will work as a team member with other staff to ensure all activities of NATS are of the highest quality possible and that our members are served effectively.
Reports to: Executive Director
Coordinates with: other staff, Vice President for Membership, Board of Directors, and volunteers.
Salary: This part-time position is an independent contractor who will be paid a monthly stipend.
If you think you meet the qualifications for this position, please send a cover letter that specifically addresses the qualifications above, resumé listing specific experience, and a list of at least three references including email addresses to Allen Henderson, executive director at firstname.lastname@example.org
The National Association of Teachers of Singing is a non-profit international professional organization for teachers of singing based in Jacksonville, FL. With over 7300 members, the executive office with a staff of six provides services to members of the profession through conferences, workshops, vocal competitions, a recognized scholarly journal, and through its network of regional and chapter events.