Job Center > Director of Choral Activities, Assistant or Associate Professor of Voice - Jackson State University
This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: College/University
State/Province (or you can select Remote): Jackson, MS
Position: Director of Choral Activities, Assistant or Associate Professor of Voice
Deadline: February 28, 2023
Posted: February 8, 2023
Job Description / Duties
The Department of Music at Jackson State University is accepting applications for its Director of Choral Activities, Assistant or Associate Professor of Voice position.
- Manage and maintain an active applied studio and prepare students for regular solo performances as a part of the curriculum
- Serve on student juries
- Direct, program, and coach the premier vocal ensembles (university chorale) as well as choir and vocal jazz for regular performances
- Coordinate vocal participation in university ceremonies
- Build and maintain choral ensemble library
- Oversee activities in choral education and performance
- Spearhead choral recruiting efforts
- Organize and conduct outreach initiatives
- Coordinate vocal performances for all university ceremonies with the chair
- Other teaching duties as assigned and based upon expertise
- Monitor vocal scholarship allocation; appropriate departmental service
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Must have a DMA or PhD in Voice, Vocal Pedagogy, or Choral Music Education with choral emphasis
- Must have experience in applied vocal instruction, demonstrated achievement in choral conducting and coaching
- Background in vocal music performance, vocal pedagogy, and choral music education; experience in Western art music as well as experience with music of the African diaspora such as Jazz
- Demonstrated skills in the application of technology in teaching
- Experience with community/alumni engagement
- Strong recruitment skills
- Experience with managing budgets and scholarship allocation
- Experience with all facets of Microsoft office
- Familiarity with music composition and arranging software
Jackson State University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jackson State University is committed to providing a safe campus. JSU conducts background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include reference checks, criminal history/record check and when appropriate a credit report or driving history report.
Priority will be given to applications received by February 15, 2023.
Salary: Not listed.