This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Other
The membership services coordinator is responsible for the strategic direction and management of membership recruitment and retention efforts ensuring members are served efficiently.
We seek a highly motivated individual who is organized, able to multi-task and can efficiently manage many projects simultaneously. The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including, staff, NATS officers and Board members, NATS members, applicants, and presenters. Must be customer service oriented, interact with members and customers professionally via email and telephone, exhibit an excellent work ethic, and complete assignments on time. Ability to work in a team environment with other staff to ensure all activities of NATS are of the highest quality possible and that our members are served effectively is essential.
• Bachelor’s degree required; knowledge of the arts and the singing profession a plus.
• Must have strong customer service skills. Creative and disciplined individual with ability to work independently and without supervision as part of a team atmosphere in a non-profit small office environment.
• Must be highly motivated, and have the ability to efficiently handle multiple projects, tasks, and responsibilities simultaneously.
• Demonstrated experience in membership relations in a similar organization a plus. Must be exceptionally organized and possess excellent verbal, online, proof reading, phone and written communications skills and be highly self-motivated.
• Proficiency and experience in: Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook and Excel; Adobe Acrobat Professional; database and website management.
• Additional skills in IT, marketing, or social media a plus.
• Experience in managing volunteers.
• Sensitivity to the organization’s structure and needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Respond to inquiries by phone and email.
• Successfully respond to all membership needs in an efficient manner.
• Assist members with other programs as needed.
• Develop and direct a comprehensive marketing program for membership recruitment and retention in coordination with other staff and volunteers. All of these activities directly impact the organization’s financial and membership goals.
• New Member Applications – coordinate with Vice President for Membership on successful tracking and follow up on applications.
• Maintain membership database.
• Create all necessary reports pertaining to new and existing members including monthly and quarterly reports for Board Meeting, Board Members, Regions and Chapters.
• Assist in developing strategies to build a strong network of chapters and regions across the organization and in building stronger and more effective relationships among all levels of the organization.
• This position serves as a critical part of the financial check and balance function for membership services.
Other Administrative Duties
• Assist Vice President for Outreach with Student NATS Chapters facilitating chapter updates.
• Facilitate Board/Officer Relations and requests.
• Update membership materials, and order as needed.
• Any other duties or assignments as needed or requested.
Salary: commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a full time (40 hours per week) exempt position (salaried). Benefits include paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, medical reimbursement for full time employment after probation period (90 days) has been completed, and 401K retirement plan.
If you think you meet the qualifications for this position, please send a cover letter that specifically addresses the qualifications above, resumé listing specific experience, and a list of at least three references including email addresses to: Allen Henderson, Executive Director at email@example.com.
The National Association of Teachers of Singing is a non-profit international professional organization for teachers of singing based in Jacksonville, FL. With over 7300 members, the executive office with a staff of six provides services to members of the profession through conferences, workshops, vocal competitions, a recognized scholarly journal, and through its network of regional and chapter events.