This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: High School
The King's Academy is seeking an extraordinary Producing Artistic Director. This unique individual should possess exceptional artistic vision and be an engaging arts leader, able to cultivate relationships with an international arts community as well as students, colleagues, donors and all others who are part of the educational community of The King's Academy.
This position is also responsible for generating, with Administration’s approval, programming activities, which maintain or improve the artistic and educational quality of the theatre in a fiscally responsible manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university with emphasis on stage production/theatre management
• Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret stage productions.
• Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the industry community.
• Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
• Ability to effectively present information to patrons, public groups, and/or the Board of Governors.
• Proficiency in piano pedagogy in order to facilitate rehearsal independently.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Understands time management and is able to keep the company on task for required performance deadlines.
• Punctual for all daily duties, staff devotions, meetings, conferences, etc.
• Must be able to lift and/or move 25 pounds
• Employee is frequently required to sit, lift, carry, move about classroom and campus, hear and speak while performing the duties of this job
In addition, this position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the theatre. The Producing Artistic Director will prayerfully help students learn attitudes, skills, and subject matter that will contribute to their development as mature, able, responsible, disciplined Christians who exhibit knowledge and wisdom in submission to God.
The director will be asked to teach appropriate classes during the school day. The director will ascribe to and perform all duties in accordance with The King’s Academy’s Statement of Faith and Employee Role Model Standards.
For more information, or to apply, candidates may apply directly at The King's Academy Career Center by clicking the URL link below:
OR visit our website Career Center:
The King's Academy (TKA) is a private, nonprofit, college-preparatory, Christian school. TKA is a school community consisting of student in grades JK through 12 in West Palm Beach, Florida. The school is directed by a Board of Governors and operated by the President and Administrative Team.
TKA is a modern, secure and growing campus with state-of-the-art infrastructure supporting the latest in learning technology. TKA has many programs of Distinction including a world-class, 800 seat Page Family Center for the Arts which hosts the Smith Family Conservatory, for Kindergarten through 12th grade students, and the top 5 nationally ranked TKA Theatre Company.
TKA is truly a school of excellence in academics, athletics, conservatory of the arts and much more. You may learn more by visiting our website: www.tka.net