This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: College/University
Job Description and Duties
The Department of Music at Emory University is seeking candidates for a one-year, Visiting Assistant Professor position in Vocal Studies beginning in August, 2021. Primary duties include:
• Teaching voice lessons, opera/musical theater workshop, and voice labs.
• Attending faculty meetings, vocal area events, and student recitals.
• Participating in jury examinations and auditions.
• Terminal degree in voice performance or similar field
• Evidence of successful voice teaching in a variety of styles
• Strong technical and performance skills
• Experience directing opera and musical theater scenes
• Demonstrated commitment to teaching undergraduates
• Understanding of and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and the mission of Emory University.
• College-level teaching experience
• Soprano, but all voice types are encouraged to apply.
Review of applications begins 06/22/2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please submit
• Letter of interest
• Curriculum Vitae
• Contact information for three references including name, • address, email and telephone number
• Video links demonstrating teaching an applied lesson and a solo performance
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Please submit all materials and questions to:
Bradley Howard, Search Chair,
Emory University is located in Atlanta, a major metropolitan area and cultural center. The Department of Music serves more than 100 music majors across three tracks: performance, research, and composition. The department enjoys close relationships with important Atlanta arts organizations, including the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra.
Emory University is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.