This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: College/University
The College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University invite applications for a full-time, three-year term appointment, with potential for conversion to tenure-track, as Visiting Assistant Professor of Music. The appointment begins August 2021.
1. Oversee and lead the choral program (consisting of both majors and non-majors).
2. Conduct the Chamber Choir (SATB) and Men's Choir (TTBB).
3. Plan and execute choir tours, preparing choirs for other departmental collaborations.
4. Establish a strong and creative recruitment plan for both the department and the colleges.
5. Contribute to strengthening program-building efforts.
6. Manage the budget for choirs.
7. Maintain the choral library.
8. Participate in scholarship auditions.
9. Lead the artistic team for annual Christmas concerts - a combination of choirs and instrumental ensembles - with performances on campus and in Minneapolis.
10. Expected course work includes choral techniques and choral literature. Additional teaching responsibilities may include topics based on the candidate's expertise and the needs of the department.
11. Stay informed of current issues relevant to choral music.
12. Maintain an active presence and profile with state, regional, national, and international professional organizations, including ACDA, NAfME, MMTA, MMEA.
1. Doctorate in choral conducting (ABD considered)
2. Teaching experience
3. Demonstrated excellence in choral pedagogy and instruction
4. Strong commitment to recruiting
5. Touring experience
6. Excellent organizational skills
7. Strong communication and interpersonal relations skills
8. Ability to build collaborative work relationships with colleagues and within the music community
9. Ability to make contributions to departmental and general education course offerings
10. Understanding of current issues relevant to choral music
1. Demonstrated keyboard proficiency
2. Demonstrated budgeting responsibility
3. Ability to advise majors
To view the posting and apply online, please visit our employment opportunities web page at http://employment.csbsju.edu.
The College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employers.
Human Resources at email@example.com
The College of Saint Benedict (CSB), a liberal arts college for women, and Saint John's University (SJU), a liberal arts college for men, are located in the central lakes area of Minnesota, surrounded by more than 3,000 acres of pristine forests, prairies, and lakes. The campuses are minutes away from St. Cloud, an increasingly diverse regional center with a population of over 100,000, and 70 miles from Minneapolis and St. Paul. Some CSB/SJU faculty and staff choose to reside locally, while others commute from the Twin Cities. Both St. Cloud and the Twin Cities offer a wide range of fine arts, cultural, dining, recreational, and sporting opportunities.
CSB/SJU are Catholic colleges in the Benedictine tradition enlivened by values of community, hospitality, stewardship, and justice. The schools are dedicated to cultivating an equitable, inclusive community founded on respect for all persons. Students, staff and faculty from many diverse belief systems and backgrounds collectively bring a rich dimension to the academic, cultural, and religious experience at CSB/SJU. We welcome faculty who devote themselves with passion and integrity to their disciplines and to a transformative education of their students. Please view our brochure regarding Higher Education in the Catholic and Benedictine Tradition.
With a total enrollment of approximately 3,300 students, faculty members develop relationships with students in small classroom settings and have opportunities to work closely with students on research projects, experiential learning experiences, and study abroad programs. Recent initiatives to create a dynamic general education curriculum and to develop plans for a new teaching and learning center demonstrate strong institutional support for faculty development. For further information, see http://www.csbsju.edu.
Institutional Commitment to Diversity
The College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University believe that an excellent liberal arts education requires an understanding and appreciation of cultural difference. Please view our Institutional Statement on Diversity.
The Music Department:
Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM), the CSB/SJU Music Department includes 13 full-time faculty and 20 part-time faculty, offers major concentrations in music education (instrumental and vocal), performance, composition, liturgical music, and music studies, with over 500 students campus-wide participating in music.