This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Other
The Youth Choral Instructor will work in close relationship with Singers Marin’s Artistic Director to insure best practices for rehearsal management and performance. He/She will lead the children through vocal warm-ups and teach the required repertoire for an upcoming performance. He/She will also instruct the students in basic music theory, as appropriate for the age-level. He/She will maintain administrative records of attendance, payments, etc. and share that information with office staff. He/She will communicate as necessary with parents to insure they understand the upcoming schedule of performance requirements.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in a variety of musical skills, (sing well, play a musical instrument, dance, conduct), in addition to high energy and a great personality.
• Proven vocal, conducting, or dance/creative movement skills.
• Proven ability to conduct rehearsals
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Enthusiastic and passionate about working with children
• Professional conduct and dependability
• Dedicated and motivated by high musical standards.
• Aims for the highest possible musical standards to ensure quality musical presentations in the name of Singers Marin.
• Maintains a close working relationship with the Artistic Director
• In consultation with the Artistic Director, makes suggestions of repertoire for each of the two concert seasons, holiday and spring
• Assists with the preparation of music packets for distribution to the singers as necessary
• Conducts the chorus in the Singers Marin Holiday and Spring concerts
Coordinates out-reach performances with the Artistic Director, i.e., retirement homes, health-care facilities, farmers’ markets, community events, etc. and schedules as appropriate
• Collects registration forms, photo release agreements and tuition payments from all students, and delivers to the Singers Marin office.
• Assists with wardrobe measurements as needed for each child.
• Takes attendance at each rehearsal and performance
• Maintains personal records of the above and duplicates files for the Singers Marin office.
• Creates an email/texting contact list and communicates regularly with parents
• Coordinates volunteer assistance from parents as needed.
Salary: Part-time contract employee. ($50 to $100 per class – depending upon number of students registered)
Please send resume to: email@example.com
Singers Marin, a non-profit performing arts organisation for youth and adults, has been serving the residents of Marin County since 1987. Founded by Artistic Director, Jan Pedersen Schiff, the choirs offer singing opportunities through performances of excellence for the community.