What's New > Emerging Leaders Selected for 2016
posted on 9:57 AM, February 26, 2016
NATS has announced that seven teachers of singing have been selected to receive 2016 Emerging Leader Awards.
This grant program with partial funding from the NATS Foundation is designed to recognize teachers of singing with no more than 10 years of teaching experience and who are active at the chapter and regional level of NATS. Winners receive a $750 grant to assist with their attendance at the NATS 54th National Conference, which takes place July 8-12, 2016, in Chicago.
The seven NATS Emerging Leaders for 2016 are:
- Drake Dantzler, Lake Orion, Michigan (Great Lakes Region);
- Marcus DeLoach, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Eastern Region);
- Sarah Davis Eaton, Thornton, Colorado (West Central Region);
- Tracelyn Gesteland, Vermillion, South Dakota (North Central Region);
- Valentin Lanzrein, Greencastle, Indiana (Great Lakes Region);
- Jessica McCormack, Granger, Indiana (Great Lakes Region); and
- Leischen Moore, Tacoma, Washington (Northwestern Region).
More information on the Emerging Leaders Awards can be found here.