The National Association of Teachers of Singing and the NATS Foundation have announced that 14 recipients have been selected for the 2016 Joan Frey Boytim Award for Independent Teachers. These fellowships are awarded to voice teachers who are NATS members in order to assist with their attendance at the biennial NATS national conference.
For the first time, thanks to the generosity of Joan Frey Boytim, a financial award in the amount of $1,000 will be granted to reimburse each recipient for eligible expenses associated with their attendance at the 54th National Conference in Chicago.
The 2016 recipients include:
- Elizabeth Barry – Grand Rapids, Michigan (Great Lakes Region)
- Melanie Elizabeth Baux – Cochrane, Alberta, Canada (Intermountain)
- Jeanie Carter – Barrington, Illinois (Central)
- Jennifer Conrad-Proulx – Cudahy, Wisconsin (North Central)
- Jessica Fielder – Farmington Hills, Michigan (Great Lakes)
- Sommer Garner – York, Pennsylvania (Eastern)
- Carol Hasek – Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Great Lakes)
- Amanda Kohl – Hartford, Connecticut (New England)
- Laura Shepherd – Renton, Washington (Northwestern)
- Peter Thoresen – New York, New York (Eastern)
- Tausha Torrez – Overland Park, Kansas (West Central)
- Sheila Townsend – Santa Clara, California (Cal-Western)
- Lauren White Arthur – Austin, Texas (Texoma)
- Naomi Williams – Calgary, Alberta, Canada (Intermountain)
Joan Frey Boytim Awards - 2016
Click here to learn more about the Joan Frey Boytim Awards for Independent Teachers.
The 54th NATS National Conference will take place July 8-12, 2016, in Chicago. For more information on the Conference, click here.