NATSCast, the official podcast network of the National Association of Teachers of Singing, has added three new podcasts to the group: “COLLABPIANO” with Natalie Sherer; “Your Creative GPS” with Karen Michaels; and “This is a Voice” with Gillyanne Kayes and Jeremy Fisher.
Each partner brings a unique view to the NATSCast podcast network.
“NATS members offer a wealth of insights, and our podcast network reflects that,” said Executive Director Allen Henderson. “I encourage everyone to check out these new podcasts as well as all our continuing network partners who are in the process of launching new seasons. We’re proud to showcase different aspects of the singing industry with our podcast network. These podcasts are all free resources!”
Welcoming our newest NATSCast members:
Hosted by pianist Natalie Sherer, assistant professor of vocal coaching at Florida State University, the COLLABPIANO podcast is a digital stage for performing artists. Through recordings and conversations, we delve into the specific ways composers musically reflect the texts in art song, highlight details to listen for, and discuss the collaborative process and artistic choices made in each performance. It is a joy to share the eloquence and artistry of fellow musicians as we promote the performance of art song and celebrate pianists & our collaborators!
Three recent episodes:
- In episode 1, memory, psychology, and text painting intersect in Hugo Wolf's moving Mignon Lieder, featuring “Kennst du das Land?” with mezzo-soprano Dr. Sahoko Timpone and discussion with renowned pianist Martin Katz.
- Marcía Porter, soprano, sings Rebecca Clarke's ferocious song “Tiger, Tiger” as we hear the piano transform into a prowling feline in episode 2.
- Episode 3 plunges listeners into the world of Henri Duparc and four singers' voyages through the full spectrum of emotions in a unique, immersive concert entitled "Sorrow & Ecstasy."
Voice experts and bestselling authors Dr Gillyanne Kayes & Jeremy Fisher have been chatting about voice for more than 20 years — this time they've switched the microphone on. Vocal technique? Check. Musicals? Check. The weird things you can do with your voice? Check. Includes AMA on voice, singing, speaking, performance techniques, voice exercises and so much more.
Episodes for This is a Voice:
- We have 79 episodes in seven series for NATS to enjoy on a lot of different voice- and music-related topics.
- Series 8 starts in September.
Performers and voice teachers, let's live our best multi-hyphenate life! Multiple streams of income, social media, writing, music, life hacks, and more! Helping you find the best way through life with your creative GPS. You know what you want and what YOU are good at... let's talk about how to maximize those things and enjoy life along the way! I'll be sharing social media marketing tips, audition tips, voice and performance tips, and life stuff...yup! The good and the....not-as-good and how to learn from that to reach your desired goals and dreams!
Episodes for Your Creative GPS:
- New episodes are to launch in September!
- The podcast is also available on YouTube if you prefer that format.
“All of our NATSCast partners are creating new content, including existing podcast members ‘The Full Voice,’ with Nikki Loney, ‘VocalFri’ with Nicholas Perna and Sarah Pigott, and ‘The Business-Savvy Singer’ with Greta Pope,” Henderson said. “Take a few minutes and listen today!”
Your weekly dash of voice science, pedagogy, and pop culture with co-hosts Nicholas Perna and Sarah Welch Pigott.
Updates from VocalFri:
- VocalFri began season 7 on September 1 with an episode introducing the new NATS NSA Children, Youth, and CM categories, featuring NATS VP for Auditions Alisa Belflower, and Karen Brunssen and Noel Smith who chaired the Children/Youth and CM committees.
- The fall season will feature episodes on room acoustics, art song, and interdisciplinary voice pedagogy. As always VocalFri will continue to mesh the latest happenings in voice pedagogy with the latest happenings in the world of pop culture. Season 7 here we come!
Host Nikki Loney leads a fun and informative podcast for the independent voice teacher working with singers of all ages. Sharing inspiring interviews with music educators from around the world, The Full Voice Podcast shares modern teaching tips, vocal pedagogy, business strategies and fun.
Updates from The Full Voice:
- Season 8 launched on September 1!
- We release new episodes every Friday.
Weekly conversations with professional singers performing a variety of musical styles. It isn’t enough to just sing beautifully. Business acumen is essential in today’s climate. Hear from singers in the areas of classical music, pop, country, R&B, Broadway and more. Each week you’ll get a glimpse into their lives as we celebrate their personal journey to success.
Updates from The Business Savvy Singer:
- Join us every week as we dive into captivating conversations with industry experts, artists, and thought leaders. From vocal techniques and performance tips to the ins and outs of building your brand as an artist, we've got you covered!
- September 5: Meet Miss Indiana…Cydney Bridges
- September 12: The Fabulous Art of Singing Cabaret
- September 19: Building Your Business as a Vocalist
- September 26: Voice Care as the Seasons Change