You’ve got a friend in “we.” :)
The National Association of Teachers of Singing (NATS) is launching new affinity groups for its membership.
Four groups have formed, and there are plans to establish more groups in the future based on membership interest.
All four affinity groups will gather in person at the NATS 57th national conference in Chicago. The groups will meet from 3:30-4:30 p.m. CT on Sunday, July 3. Day, times, and locations noted below.
NATS members interested in attending any of the current affinity groups at the national conference are welcome. No need to RSVP — just show up!
Members who wish to join one of the affinity groups but are unable to attend the conference may contact the leader(s) for more information. Stay tuned for additional information on these affinity groups after the conference.
- Multi-Teacher Studio Owner Affinity Group
- Leader: Rebecca Pieper
- Meeting at conference: 3:30-4:30 p.m. CT on Sunday, July 3 - Denver/Houston/Kansas City, 5th Floor
- Do you own your own Multi-Teacher Studio or are you curious about it? The Multi-Teacher Studio Owner Affinity Group welcomes all members of our NATS community who own or are interested in owning their own multi-teacher studio. This is a great space for teachers to connect with others in a similar business structure and network, brainstorm, collaborate, ask questions, learn from, educate, hold accountable and cheer each other on!
- Black Perspectives @ NATS Affinity Group
- Leaders: Marcía Porter and Darryl Taylor
- Meeting at conference: 3:30-4:30 p.m. CT on Sunday, July 3 - Chicago D, 5th floor
- Black Perspectives @ NATS is an affinity group for those who identify as members of the African diaspora. Recognizing the need for a space to share our unique experiences and encourage mentorship, the group welcomes Black singers and those in fields related to the vocal arts (voice teachers, coaches, collaborative musicians, and academicians) to engage in meaningful discussion and fellowship. Our goal is to foster collaboration, create a sense of community, as well as offer networking opportunities.
- Latinx/Hispanic Teachers Affinity Group
- Leader: Lily Guerrero
- Meeting at conference: 3:30-4:30 p.m. CT on Sunday, July 3 - Avenue Ballroom, 4th floor
- The Latinx/Hispanic Teachers Affinity Group is for those who identify as Latinx or Hispanic and are looking for a place to create community, network, and find potential performance or research partners. This space will be an area for those who want to discuss unique facets in the lived experiences of Latinx/Hispanic teachers as well as brainstorm new ideas to share with the NATS community that celebrate and uplift our culture.
- Adjunct Voice Teachers Affinity Group
- Leader: Sam Handley
- Meeting at conference: 3:30-4:30 p.m. CT on Sunday, July 3 - Grand Ballroom I, 7th floor
- The Adjunct Voice Teachers Affinity Group is for those teaching voice at the college level on a part-time basis. It is a supportive community to discuss the issues unique to adjunct voice teaching, including mutual respect at the workplace, commitment to students beyond compensation, and broadening our network. We look to celebrate the success of our students, our teaching, and our institutions by strengthening our common bonds.
Countdown to conference is on!
We’re back. We’re live. We’re READY!
MORE sessions, MORE singing and MORE FUN than ever before!
From amazing headliners to networking with fellow voice professionals, this promises to be one of our best conferences to date. Make plans today to join us IN PERSON in Chicago (July 1-6) for our 57th national conference. Browse our program pages to check out what's in store.