Have you ever wanted to spend a month in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, across the street from Disney Hall and the LA Opera, and surrounded by outstanding singers and pianists? Do you want to further your professional development by working with world-renowned performers and coaches including Margo Garrett (Program Director from The Julliard School), Graham Johnson, Martin Katz, Susanne Mentzer, Sanford Sylvan, and many more? The SongFest Professional Development Program for College Teachers offers a unique opportunity to learn, perform, and network as part of one of America's premier festivals.
SongFest is now offering up to 2 full-tuition scholarships for NATS Members!
(Room & Board not included)
As a NATS member, you are eligible to receive a full-tuition scholarship to attend the 2015 SongFest Professional Development Program. To qualify, simply complete our online application on Yaptracker, indicate that you are a NATS member in the designated field, and either submit a video/audio audition or schedule a live audition during one of our audition dates. Visit songfest.us for more information on the program, the application process, and important dates.
SONGFEST 2015 - NATS Scholarship for Professional Development Program
- Applicant should apply via YAP Tracker through the SongFest 2015 Professional Development application. They should mark that they are NATS members and indicate that they are interested in the NATS scholarship in the comments field. If they prefer to fill out a paper application, they can do so and will just need to note their interest in the NATS scholarship.
- Application deadline is Monday, March 2, 2015.
- Applicants are not required to audition live, but must submit 2 recordings (CD, DVD, or YouTube link). Live auditions or video recordings are strongly encouraged for scholarship applicants.
- All Applicants (in every program) must pay the $50 application fee to SongFest to be considered.
PROGRAM and HOUSING
- We will offer two Professional Development Sessions. Applicants can choose to attend one or both sessions.
Full Session: May 30 – June 28
Half Session I: May 30 – June 13
Half Session II: June 14 – June 28
- The NATS scholarship package will include two half-session full tuition scholarships (valued at $1,400 each) or one full-session full-tuition scholarship (value: $2,200).
- Room & Board is not provided as part of the scholarship. Room and board fees are:
- Half Session: $1500
- Full Session: $2200
- Because we are charged a package price, refunds are not given for early departure. Costs include housing and 3 meals a day in the Colb
- As a suggestion, we could narrow down the applicants to the top 5 and then consult with NATS leaders to make the final decision.